This publication describes the policies and procedures for achieving Design Excellence Results in new construction, modernization, preservation, and renovation. It sets decision making priorities. It details Design Excellence processes and schedules. It spells out who should be involved and these individuals’ respective roles.
In terms of organization, since Design Excellence is most easily and cost-effectively achieved in the early phases of a project, this book covers the following procedures and phases:
- Design Excellence Planning
- Design Excellence and Site Selection Priorities
- FedBizOpps—Defining and Announcing Design Excellence Opportunities
- Supplement: FBO Template for 'RECOVERY ACT 2009 - New Construction Project'
- Strategies for Selecting the Lead Designer and Design Excellence A/E Team
- Design Excellence in the Concept Development Process
- Art in Architecture Guidelines
- Design-Build Policies and Procedures
So that project managers have what they need to implement the Design Excellence process, most chapters have a resources section that includes templates and examples of critical Design Excellence documents.