Because of the computer and electronic equipment housed within the ADP PC, the spaces require regulated temperature and humidity (usually accomplish by zoned systems), and reliable power 24 hours per day. Typical features of ADP PC space types include the list of applicable design objectives elements as outlined below. For a complete list and definitions of the design objectives within the context of whole building design, click on the titles below.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS): Emergency power and uninterruptible power supply (UPS) are provided to meet all electrical requirements of the entire ADP PC (server) facility for at least 30 minutes. For more information, see WBDG Productive—Assure Reliable Systems and Spaces.
- Security protection: Implementation of an effective access control system is important in preventing unauthorized personnel from entering-and possibly sabotaging-the ADP PC. For more information, see WBDG Secure / Safe—Security for Building Occupants and Assets.
The following is a representative building program.
Tenant Occupiable Areas
|Qty.||SF Each||Space Req'd.||Sum Actual SF||Tenant Usable Factor||Tenant USF|
|Support Technician Workstation||2||80||160|
|Magnetic Media Storage||4||12||48|
|Supplies and Parts Storage||1||120||120|
| LAN Switches/
|Tenant Usable Areas||1,227|
The following is representative of typical tenant plans.
Example Construction Criteria
Relevant Codes and Standards
The following agencies and organizations have developed codes and standards affecting the design of ADP PC spaces. Note that the codes and standards are minimum requirements. Architects, engineers, and consultants should consider exceeding the applicable requirements whenever possible:
- Architectural Graphic Standards, 12th Edition by American Institute of Architects, Dennis J. Hall. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2016.
- GSA PBS-P100 Facilities Standards for the Public Buildings Service
- GSA PBS Design Notebook for Federal Lobby Security Design
- GSA LEED® Cost Study
- GSA LEED® Applications Guide