AIA Learning Units:
1.5 LU | HSW
Security and safety have become paramount in buildings. But it is essential to balance the approach to security with other project requirements and goals. This course will introduce you to the key elements of determining and analyzing the risks and threats to your building and provide recommendations and responses for a balanced approach to safety and security in building projects.
By completing this course you will learn and be able to:
- Define the synergies and tradeoffs associated with balancing security and sustainable site planning;
- List 5 synergies to consider when balancing security and energy;
- Understand the possible attacks and threats to consider in a risk assessment and vulnerability analysis;
- Understand appropriate countermeasures for possible threats;
- Describe elements of the risk and vulnerability assessment process; and
- Explain the intent of the UFC/IFC Security Design Criteria.