This is the first module within the NAVFAC Design-Build (DB) Training Series. The Design-Build
training series provides an understanding of the latest NAVFAC Design-Build policies and processes as well as guidance for using the design-build master template, master specifications, business management system, and documentation. The training modules are targeted to assist the project manager, designers, and other team members to execute design-build projects in a consistent manner across NAVFAC.
Upon completion of this training learners will:
- Understand the History of NAVFAC Design-Build;
- Learn the Benefits of Design-Build and When to Use it;
- Get familiar with the NAVFAC Business Management System, or BMS;
- Know the different NAVFAC Design-Build Processes;
- Understand NAVFAC Personnel Roles and Responsibilities;
- Learn the Structure and Formatting of the NAVFAC Design-Build RFP documents;
- Know the Post-Award Processes in Design-Build; and
- Understand how to Locate and Navigate the NAVFAC Design-Build Master RFP Website.