This 2019 Energy Exchange recorded session focuses on the unique requirements of data centers and how to maintain their resilience in a compromised environment. Topics include how data centers can be designed for continued operation under the following conditions:
- Loss of power from its grid source;
- Power quality issues from its grid source or its source of backup power; and
- Compromised cooling capacity from its primary source of cooling water, including loss of water from its primary cooling source and loss of chiller capacity from its primary cooling source.
Dale Sartor, P.E., Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
David Grant, Mechanical Engineer, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Upon completion of this training, attendees will be able to:
- Challenges associated with various conditions;
- Understand the fundamentals of how to mitigate various conditions; and
- Metrics that can be used to develop a resiliency plan for their data center or facility of significant computing power.