This panel will feature an in-depth discussion of successful partnerships that delivered projects to achieve energy and water savings goals and resilience. Attendees will learn about the challenges, best practices, and lessons learned related to performance contracting across a variety of technologies and solutions, as well as better understand the contracting and financing paths utilized to achieve optimized project scope, cost-effectiveness, and strategic alignment.
Peter Flynn, Managing Partner, Bostonia Partners
Thomas Sherman, Contracting Officer, Chief, Procurement Office /National Processing Center, Department of Commerce/ U.S. Census Bureau
Mark Wheeler, Director Federal Energy Services, ABM, Inc.
Sam Alvord, Chief, Office of Energy Management, U.S. Coast Guard
Fred Thwaites, Engineering Manager, Ameresco
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Identify the types of technologies that can be delivered through performance contracting partnerships;
- Recognize how the allocation of risk is an important component for building successful partnerships;
- Recognize how projects can be developed in phases to deliver comprehensive and innovative energy infrastructure;
- Identify best practices and lessons learned in delivering successful projects through performance contracts; and
- Recognize how decisions made during project development are critical to building successful partnerships.