As new legislation and other federal requirements drive agencies to adopt more aggressive goals in electrification of fleet, decarbonatization, and electrification of the grid. This session focuses on leverage the federal government's footprint and buying power to lead by example to meet and implement the goals of the President's executive order to tackle the climate crisis at home and abroad. Converting to electric vehicles (EVs) will provide economic recovery in the clean energy jobs plan, which is a pillar of this administration. This session provides federal agencies with information to use in planning, procuring, and implementing projects to support carbon pollution-free electricity and clean, zero-emission vehicles to create good-paying union jobs and stimulate clean energy industries.
Tiara Thurston, Tesla
Cindy Towe, Manager, Government Sales, General Motors
Tony (A.J.) Gratson, U.S. Government Sales Manager, Ford
Oliver Gross, Technical Fellow - Energy Storage and Conversion, JEEP/Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
John Conger, President, Conger Strategies and Solutions, LLC
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Identify current industry available electric vehicles in the market and future initiatives;
- Identify how current presidential initiatives affect industry and strengthen an area, such as electric vehicles;
- Identify how to implement the mandates and what it means for the government;
- Identify how EVs assist in meeting mission requirements and what new infrastructure is required; and
- Identify how EVs are beneficial and how to pivot to support "no internal combustion options" potentially in near future.