Design-level performance of each energy conservation measure (ECM) in an awarded utility energy service contract (UESC) is fundamental to sustaining projected energy savings through the term of the contract and over the life of the measure. Because the authority for a UESC does not require contractual guarantees of energy, water, or cost savings, the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) has developed a protocol for emphasizing sustained performance to help ensure projected savings are realized. This recorded webinar will discuss requirements and recommendations for performance assurance plans and performance-focused project development principles. Participants will also learn about resources and UESC project assistance available from FEMP.
This training is part of a sequential series of UESC offerings. The recommended order of completion is:
- UESC On-Demand Webinar Series: Introduction Part 1 — Overview and Background;
- UESC On-Demand Webinar Series: Introduction Part 2 — Legislation and Contracting;
- UESC On-Demand Webinar Series: Phase 1 —Acquisition Planning;
- UESC On-Demand Webinar Series: Phase 2 —Utility Selection and Preliminary Assessment;
- UESC On-Demand Webinar Series: Phase 3 —Project Development;
- UESC On-Demand Webinar Series: Phases 4 and 5 — Project Implementation and Construction, and Post-Acceptance Performance; and
- UESC On-Demand Webinar Series: Advanced Topics — Performance Assurance.
Deb Vasquez, Senior Program Leader, National Renewable Energy Laboratory Read Bio
Deb Vasquez is the National Renewable Energy Laboratory technical lead for the Federal Energy Management Program's utility energy service contract team. She provides technical support, training, and resource development for federal government energy projects that leverage utility industry capabilities and private financing to improve federal government facilities infrastructure.
Upon completion of this training, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental elements of a performance assurance plan;
- Identify and refer to federal energy management requirements for long term performance of ECMs;
- Define performance requirements and services needed to sustain long-term ECM performance;
- Establish and incorporate performance deliverables and services into a UESC task order; and
- Utilize FEMP resources — tools, templates, training, and expertise — available for developing a performance assurance plan for UESCs.