This webinar is the first of a series will provide information, best practices, and resource for implementing an Energy Savings Performance Contract Energy Sales Agreement (ESPC ESA) project. ESPC ESAs are a great option for federal sites that are motivated to reduce site costs, have no capital investment funding, and cannot use the U.S. Department of Defense 10 USC 2922a authority for long–term contracting.
ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Overview and Requirements will identify the benefits of on-site photovoltaic (PV) projects and describe why it is important to act now (due to pending investment tax credit reductions).
The ESPC ESA project structured description will begin with a high–level overview of ESPCs and power purchase agreements and followed by ESPC ESA project requirements and contract structure recommendations. An overview of the implementation approaches and available Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) resources will also be provided. There will be approximately 30 minutes allocated for questions and answers.
Below is a summary list of the other webinars in this series:
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Overview and Requirements;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Photovoltaic Project Considerations;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Site–Specific Stand–Alone Project Overview; and
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: DOE ESPC ENABLE with an ESA.
Chandra Shah, CEM, MBA, Senior Project Leader, National Renewable Energy Laboratory Read Bio
Chandra Shah is a senior project leader at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Chandra is the laboratory lead for the Federal Energy Management Program's (FEMP) distributed energy procurement program and has been supporting FEMP since 1998. She is a co–author of the ESPC ESA Toolkit.
Upon completion of this webinar you will be able to:
- Recognize how on–site PV can benefit a federal agency;
- Appreciate why it is important to act now (tax incentive decreases will impact project economics);
- Understand the ESPC ESA project structure and requirements;
- Grasp the different approaches for implementing ESPC ESA projects: site–specific and stand–alone, IDIQ, and ESPC ENABLE; and
- Learn about other FEMP services and resources (currently available and planned) for ESPC ESA project support for all of the project implementation approaches.
ESPC ESA Webinar Series:
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Photovoltaic Project Considerations (coming in April 2019);
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Site–Specific Stand–Alone Project Overview (coming in July 2019); and
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: ENABLE with an ESA (coming in October 2019).