EDUCATION TYPE: Live Webinar
This training will cover technical, economic and other photovoltaic (PV) project considerations. Technical topics that will be covered include cost-effectiveness, resilience, cybersecurity, and electrical considerations. In addition, other topics, such as compatibility with agency mission, site plans, coordination with the serving utility, the National Environmental Policy Act, and agency approval requirements.
Considerations specific to third-party owned/third-party financed PV projects will also be covered, as well as available resources and templates for project development. The training will also include a recap of the first session in the Energy Savings Performance Contracts Energy Sales Agreements (ESPC ESA) Webinar Series.
This webinar is part of a series of webinars. The schedule for the other webinars in this series is:
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Overview and Requirements — Tuesday, March 12 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm EST
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Photovoltaic Project Considerations — Tuesday, April 23 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm EST
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Site–Specific Stand–Alone Project Overview — Tuesday, July 23, 2019 from 2:00 — 3:30 pm EST
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: ENABLE with an ESA — October 2019
Chandra Shah, CEM, MBA, Senior Project Leader, National Renewable Energy Laboratory Read Bio
Chandra Shah is a senior project leader at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Chandra is the laboratory lead for the Federal Energy Management Program's (FEMP) distributed energy procurement program and has been supporting FEMP since 1998. She is a co–author of the ESPC ESA Toolkit.
Upon completion of this webinar learners will:
- Understand the benefits of PV projects;
- Learn how to determine if your PV project is cost-effective;
- Understand the key technical and other PV project development considerations to ensure a successful project; and
- Understand considerations specific to third-party owned PV projects.