This training session is part of a multi-session training program which will teach participants how to implement the 25 tasks of the 50001 Ready Navigator, an energy management tool based on the principles of the ISO 50001: 2018 energy management standard. This session focuses on the creation and implementation of operational controls for significant energy users (SEUs), and the measuring and monitoring of the energy management system (EnMS) and the energy performance improvement.
Mike Stowe, Senior Energy Engineer, Advanced Energy Read Bio
Mike Stowe is a senior energy engineer on Advanced Energy's energy engineering team and focuses on process heating and energy efficiency in manufacturing plants. He has significant experience in the manufacturing industry serving in various roles as design engineer, production manager, plant engineer, and facilities engineer over the past 27 years. Mike has extensive experience with heat treating, induction hardening, brazing, die casting, plastic injection molding, machining, and all types of plant facility and infrastructure systems. He works with utilities, process heating equipment vendors, and manufacturing plants to find the best technical and energy-efficient solutions for industrial processes. Mike has several professional certifications and is an active member of several industry societies.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Task 14: Display practical implementation of competence requirements for personnel whose work affects your energy performance and energy management system;
- Task 15: Display practical implementation of various methods for developing awareness among personnel and on-site contractors of your energy policy and their energy-related roles and responsibilities;
- Task 16: Identify the practical process for implementing documented information processes for the Energy Management System;
- Task 18: Identify the potential impact on energy consumption when designing new, modified, or renovated sites, equipment, systems, and processes;
- Task 19: Identify the impact on energy performance criteria of life cycle analysis for total energy consumption. Perform practical exercises for life cycle analysis for energy. Gain a deeper understanding of use and maintenance of the 50001 Ready tool, including creating playbooks and updating task status.