This training session will present examples of facility, installation, and campus projects that achieve water efficiency, resilience, and sustainability. It will build on the net-zero water planning and the water reduction and reuse technologies presented in other sessions and present examples of successful projects. Subject matter experts will present processes, challenges, and best practices learned from planning and implementing water projects to address efficiency, resilience, and sustainability.
Jason Koman, Energy Technology Program Specialist, U.S. Department of Energy Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP)
Kelsey Semrod, Water Resilience Program Manager, Concurrent Technologies Corporation
Steve Curtis, President, American Water Military Services Group
Anibal Negron-Rodriguez, Director of Public Works & Installation Energy Manager, US Army Garrison Fort Buchanan PR
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Recognize the importance of planning for resilience holistically, including access to adequate water supplies;
- Identify the effects of changing climate on water access and supply;
- Recognize the tools available to plan for and implement water resilience projects;
- Recognize the challenges and best practices learned from planning and implementing water projects to address efficiency, resilience, and sustainability; and
- Identify some of the successful federal projects implemented by agencies.