Energy Exchange 2019
Cybersecurity is not a project with a beginning and an end, rather, a continuous process. This session will provide guidance designed to help energy managers understand their role in assessing and managing risks using NISTs SP-800-53 and the DoD's implementation, the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Dr. Michael Chipley, PMC Group
Daniel Shepard, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Michael Mylrea, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Gain a better understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process by learning from experts that have gone through or are currently going through the process;
- Understand what skills are required to tackle this process and the different roles required to be successful;
- Gain understanding of timelines, from implementation throughout the lifecycle;
- Understand the collaboration required between IT, OT, and Security SMEs to generate the appropriate security requirements; and
- Learn the repository for DoD energy systems cybersecurity references.