Energy Exchange 2019
This session will focus on placing a financial value on resilience projects. It will explore economic methodologies and initiatives to ensure resilience for sites or facilities that require valuation for financing.
Caitlyn Murphy, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Joe Walsh, PowerSecure, Inc.
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Gain a general understanding of existing metrics for quantifying the resilience of power sector (i.e., the ability to supply electricity to customers);
- Gain a general understanding of the relationship between resilience metrics and valuation of investments to improve the resilience of a system or installation;
- Identify a number of research areas where progress would improve our ability to quantify the value associated with resilience investments;
- Understand exigent factors that can add financial value for resilience (demand response revenues, monetization of environmental attributes, etc.); and
- Learn from examples where government agencies have partnered to have another entity realize financial benefits of a project that improves the government's resilience posture.