Energy Exchange 2019
Holistic energy savings performance contracts (ESPCs) are growing in size and complexity in efforts to achieve resilience in their implementation. However, large ESPCs aren't the only tool for utilization, as the use of ESPC ENABLE has achieved the same results. Hear from federal agencies in how they are using these ESPC methods within their programs to effectively achieve resilience through analysis and execution. Case studies will be presented that showcase the implementation of resilience.
Leslie "Les" Martin, United States Air Force
John Bollinger, National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST)
David Wiley, Unites States Forest Service (USFS)
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Identify which acquisition strategy is more beneficial to enhance the resilient capability of the Government;
- Hear case studies about the execution of these authorities and any barriers in the execution;
- Understand how resiliency requirements were incorporated into acquisition strategy and if the planning for this requirement is different than standard operating requirements;
- Gain a basic understanding of the importance of partnerships to promote mission resilienc; and
- Identify requirements to assist in the development of projects to mitigate potential risks and gain an understanding of the types of efforts that are conducted to support resiliency efforts through renewables and other energy resources.