Energy Exchange 2019
This session will share information to help federal facility and energy managers and contracting officers match project requirements to the appropriate third party financing vehicle. Session speakers will explain and provide case studies about third party contract options, including traditional Energy Savings Performance Contracts, ENABLE, Power Purchase Agreements, and Utility Energy Service Contracts.
Sam Espinosa, Contractor to U.S. Department of Energy
Doug Culbreth, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Evan Bishop, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Upon completion of this session attendees will:
- Learn the advantages and limitations of the different contracting options;
- Determine the best third-party financing mechanism for energy efficiency, water, and renewable energy projects;
- Better equip decision-makers to identify the best contracting options for their projects;
- Increase understanding of how financed energy projects can make government sites more resilient in order to maintain mission critical operations; and
- Learn why measurement and verification are important to ESPC projects.