The BAT provides a means to collect, validate, and update the information needed for auditors to conduct Energy and Facility Condition Assessments in an organized database structure. Note that Facility Condition Assessment functions will be coming in a future version of the BAT. The BAT is intended to leverage auditing/inspection activity that is already occurring at facilities to construct a database of buildings; their energy equipment, energy usage, and costs; and the condition of both the structure and equipment. The BAT is solely focused on organizing and reporting the descriptive elements of buildings, catalogue of current conditions, and record of energy conservation measures (ECMs) identified as a result of audits, implemented, and measured and verified. The BAT does not incorporate analytical tools which remain the purview of outside analysis. The BAT is intended to be used in the field by auditors that are familiar with the best practices of their work. The BAT has been designed to:
- Increase the effectiveness and value of facility energy and condition audits by imposing a certain level of standardization on the data collection portion of these tasks;
- Provide pre-flight (pre-site visit), quick-fill, and data pre-population functions that will decrease pre-audit preparation times and provide historical review of past data collection reviews; and
- Provide data continuity for key pieces of information that is not subject to specific analytical approaches or methods, including building infrastructure and equipment data that should either be updated or reused.
The training provided in the subsequent tabs is intended to quickly demonstrate the main features of the BAT, including administration, data input menus, and reporting. Training videos are provided for each functional menu or group of menus and video content supplements information provided in the User Guide. Additionally, the videos are structured with the intention that Users can select topics of interest without wading through a single long, continuous presentation.
Features and Functions
The training videos are presented in functional groups (listed below). Each group contains an outline of topics and associated videos.
- Function and Features describes common functions and features of the BAT relevant to all other menus. This includes shortcuts and tips for navigation. Note that Administrative features are presented as a separate tab on this page.
- The Pre-Flight Information Menu are designed to capture information and inputs that can be collected prior to a site visit and which will be used to speed data collection on-site or serve as reference. These data will be collected from available documentation or pre-site visit interviews with facility staff.
- The Energy Audit Input Menus are focused on data input screens that are used to collect information for a typical ASHRAE Level I, II or II+ audit.
- The Facility Condition Assessment (FCA) Input Menus provide access to condition assessment inputs that are either unique to FCAs or provide easy mapping to data collection menus and items that are already included in the Energy Audit Menus.
- Post Audit Menus are focused on menus associated with retrieving data from the BAT or inputting post-analysis results for preservation and use in export templates and reporting.
The following videos walk through each menu and its submenus to prepare the user to take full advantage of the BAT's interface.
Initial Set-up / Login
Data Entry Basics
Data Entry Methods
Pre-Flight Information Menu
This menu is designed to capture information and inputs that can be collected prior to a site visit and which will be used to speed data collection on-site or serve as reference. These data will be collected from available documentation or pre-site visit interviews with facility staff.
Energy Audit Input Menus
These menus are focused on data input screens that are used to collect information for a typical ASHRAE Level I, II or II+ audit.
Domestic Hot Water
Appliance & Plug
HVAC – overview
HVAC - submenus
Facility Condition Assessment (FCA) Input Menus
These menus provide access to condition assessment inputs that are either unique to FCAs or provide easy mapping to data collection menus and items that are already included in the Energy Audit Menus.
Connections to Energy Audit Input Menus
Dedicated FCA Menus
Post Audit Menus
These menus are focused on menus associated with retrieving data from the BAT or inputting post-analysis results for preservation and use in export templates and reporting.
Energy Measures Input
Export Audit Data to EXCEL
Export All Energy Measures
The BAT contains features reserved for Agency and contract managers. At the Agency level, these features are associated with assigning sites for audit/assessment to the subcontractor(s) and with tools for reimporting and uploading data generated by the BAT and related audits/assessments. Contract managers are provided access to the tools to manage assignment of specific buildings to auditors/assessors.
The following videos describe and demonstrate key administrative features including creating new users, assigning roles, designating work assignments, and generating working files for auditors/assessors/managers.
Reporting / ECMs