Department of Energy (DOE)
DOE Office of Engineering and Construction Management (OECM)
The Office of Engineering and Construction Management, within the Office of Management, Budget and Evaluation, is the corporate headquarters level organization responsible for interfacing with all Departmental line organizations to direct and coordinate corporate and program-initiated improvements in project and facilities management. The mission of OECM is to:
- Drive value added change in the Department's project and facilities management systems;
- Provide corporate processes for and oversight of the Department's projects and real property;
- Integrate sound fiscal, acquisition and business practices into our management of projects and facilities; and
- Support the Department's project directors.
DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE)
The Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy's mission is to strengthen America's energy security, environmental quality, and economic vitality in public-private partnerships that:
- Enhance energy efficiency and productivity;
- Bring clean, reliable and affordable energy technologies to the marketplace; and
- Make a difference in the everyday lives of Americans by enhancing their energy choices and their quality of life.
DOE Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP)
The mission of the Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) is to reduce the cost of the Federal Government by advancing energy efficiency and water conservation, promoting the use of distributed and renewable energy (such as the Guide to Integrating Renewable Energy in Federal Construction), and improving utility management decisions at Federal sites. FEMP's three major work areas include project financing; technical guidance and assistance; and planning, reporting, and evaluation.
FEMP also provides training and guidance to help Federal energy managers and associated contracting staff become more proficient in energy management and learn about alternative forms of financing energy-saving projects.
DOE Office of Science, Laboratory Infrastructure Division (SC-82)
The Laboratory Infrastructure Division serves as the Office of Science (SC) focal point for infrastructure matters; leads the integration of Environmental Safety & Health (ES&H) and infrastructure funding profiles for SC programs; provides a forum for communication of infrastructure information, ideas and issues; represents SC on DOE-wide and Federal government-wide infrastructure policy development activities; conducts performance assessments of Operations Offices for their life cycle asset management responsibilities; and manages the Science Laboratories Infrastructure (SLI) Program.