SpecsIntact for NMCI Users
The current NMCI approved version of SpecsIntact (SI) is 188.8.131.527. The latest web release of Specsintact, Version 4.5.1, is in the process of being approved by NMCI.
Two options are available to run SI with Version 4.5.1, depending on if SI is already installed on the machine.
- For users with NMCI installed SpecsIntact software:
Download this file (ZIP 12.8 MB) from the SpecsIntact web site. This application runs on top of the existing SpecsIntact program.
Note: Some SI functions may not work with this solution, and SpecsIntact must be installed for this to work.
- After downloading this .zip file, unzip the contents into your "Documents" folder ("My Documents" under Windows XP), open the SpecsIntact folder, and double click on the SpecsIntact.exe file to run it.
- Run this executable file each time you need to use this version of SpecsIntact.
- For users without an installed NMCI version of SpecsIntact:
Users may obtain the SI 4.5.1 ThinApp version, which is available online (ZIP 17.2 MB) at the SpecsIntact website. This version of SpecsIntact runs in a virtual software environment, with access to SpecsIntact masters, jobs, working directories and settings. The use of the ThinApp application virtualization software is unnecessary for those who can run the NMCI approved version of SpecsIntact and who do not need the new capabilities available in the current SI web release.
- After downloading this .zip file, unzip the contents into your "Documents" folder ("My Documents" under Windows XP), and then run the larger unzipped file, SpecsIntact32.exe. Note: You will have to run this file each time you need to use this version of SpecsIntact.
- The first time this software runs, it will ask you to accept the ThinApp license agreement.
- SpecsIntact will then prompt you to establish working directories and download or connect the UFGS master. If you already have the UFGS master in a SpecsIntact working directory, you can simply connect it after reestablishing the working directory in which it resides.
- We suggest that you immediately change the location of the SpecsIntact .ini files and the SI supplemental reference file to a folder to which you have write access. To do this, go to the SpecsIntact "Setup" menu, and then select "Options." At the "File Locations" tab, you can change the locations for both of these types of files.
If you have any questions about this software, please contact the SpecsIntact support desk at (321) 867-8800, or by e-mail at KSC-SpecsIntact@nasa.gov. You can also visit their web site for additional information.
Publishing to Word 2007 using Specsintact
In addition, the SpecsIntact Knowledge Base can be found on their website. This is the first resource recommended for those who encounter any problems while using SpecsIntact, including those having problems publishing to Word or PDF formats.