Supporting Technical Guidance
Within This Page
Along with the resources found in the Guiding Principles Resource pages for New Construction and Major Renovations, and Existing Buildings, there exists other technical guidance that is relevant to meeting federal high performance and sustainable building (HPSB) requirements.
The Case for HPSB
- FEMP Business Case – Provides significant financial evidence from research findings and case studies that sustainable design is a smart business choice.
General Supporting Guidance
- Other Key Technical Guidance. Additional key technical guidance on Sustainable Buildings and Campuses, Operations and Maintenance, Greenhouse Gases, Water Efficiency, Data Center Efficiency, Industrial Facilities, and Federal Fleet Management.
Other Key HPSB Strategies
- Interior Noise. Recommendations for interior noise control.
- Latest Technologies. Federal energy managers must remain up-to-date on the latest technologies to make choices that are cost-effective, energy-smart, environmentally sound, and reliable.
- Life-Cycle Assessment. Life-cycle assessment (LCA) provides a formal process of examining the environmental impacts of a material, product, or service through its entire life-cycle.
Performance of Federal Buildings
- High Performance Sustainable Buildings Checklist. Now available through EPA's web-based ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager, this interactive energy and water management tool allows users to track and assess energy and water consumption across entire building portfolios.
Other HPSB Resources
- Green Building Standards & Certification Systems. General information about green building standards and the different certification systems, including USGBC LEED Requirements Many changes have occurred with the launch of the LEED 2009 requirements.