Buildings continue to become more complex and meeting stringent energy, security, and other project requirements and goals are impacting the process of designing, constructing, and maintaining buildings. Utilizing whole building design principles in an integrated design process will enable you to achieve the goals of your project and create high-performance buildings. This course will introduce you to the concepts of whole building design and the elements of an integrated design process.
By completing this course you will learn and be able to:
- List the eight design objectives and the two components of whole building design;
- Summarize the elements of an integrated team process;
- Describe at least one activity during each project phase that supports the integrated team process;
- List potential members of an integrated design team;
- Describe the benefits of an integrated design charrette; and
- Describe activities that support the planning of an integrated design charrette.