This workshop will provide a brief overview of the strategies, methods, and best practices used by experienced contracting officers and their technical teams—from project development to contract award and post-acceptance.
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will:
- Explain the basis of the UESC authority as a tool for achieving energy and cost savings at federal facilities;
- Identify the Federal Acquisition Regulation part that addresses acquisition of utility services;
- Describe the resources the Federal Energy Management Program makes available to help agencies implement successful UESC projects;
- Describe the purpose and content of the initial project scope developed by the agency;
- Understand methods and strategies to develop and implement successful UESC projects and;
- Explain best practices for a successful UESC.