*This training is non-accredited*
Federal procurement and supply chain officials, Headquarters officials, contracting officers, installation and facility energy managers, and commercial vendors will learn how Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) Energy–Efficient Product Procurement, the Building Technology Office, and Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR programs approach the testing of emerging technologies such as advanced metering systems, renewable and clean energy technologies, appliances, artificial intelligence (AI), and building automation systems, and how they will benefit federal agencies' sustainability, energy reduction, supply chain, and procurement goals and missions.
Jefferey B. Murrell, P.E, Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP)
Dr. Christopher Payne, LBNL
Ryan Fogle, EPA ENERGY STAR
Kevin Powell, GSA Emerging Technologies
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the importance of compliance with federal energy–efficient product procurement requirements;
- Improve and/or change federal business practices regarding energy–efficient products;
- Provide input to a FEMP survey to help improve energy–efficient product procurement;
- Understand the coordinated acquisition plan requirements specified in E.O. 13834 Implementing Instructions; and
- Understand how to buy energy–efficient emerging technologies.