EDUCATION TYPE: Live Webinar
This webinar will provide instructions and resources for financing distributed energy projects (e.g., on-site renewable energy, storage, and combined heat and power) using an energy savings performance contract (ESPC) energy sales agreement (ESA) through the site–specific/stand-alone contract vehicle.
The site–specific/stand–alone contract vehicle is a procurement process using a request for proposal (RFP). Topics that will be covered during the webinar include forming a strong project team, validating the feasibility of the distributed energy project at a site, acquisition planning, RFP development, procurement, proposal evaluation and contract award, and the construction and performance period. This webinar will also provide an overview of the resources available in the ESPC ESA Toolkit, such as checklists and templates.
This webinar is the third of a series that will provide information, best practices, and resource for implementing an Energy Savings Performance Contract Energy Sales Agreement (ESPC ESA) project. ESPC ESAs are a great option for federal sites that are motivated to reduce site costs, have no capital investment funding, and cannot use the U.S. Department of Defense 10 USC 2922a authority for long-term contracting.
Below is the schedule for the other webinars in this series:
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Overview and Requirements — Tuesday, March 12;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Photovoltaic Project Considerations — Tuesday, April 23;
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: Site–Specific Stand–Alone Project Overview — Tuesday, July 23, 2019 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm Eastern; and
- ESPC ESA Webinar Series: ENABLE with an ESA — October 2019.
Chandra Shah, CEM, MBA, Senior Project Leader, National Renewable Energy Laboratory Read Bio
Chandra Shah is a senior project leader at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. She is the laboratory lead for the Federal Energy Management Program's (FEMP) distributed energy procurement program and has been supporting FEMP since 1998. She is a co-author of the ESPC ESA Toolkit.
Upon completion of this webinar learners will:
- Understand the benefits of using an ESPC ESA site-specific/stand-alone contract;
- Learn the process for developing an ESPC ESA site-specific/stand-alone contract;
- Understand the key contractual considerations to ensure a successful project; and
- Learn about available resources to help with an ESPC ESA site-specific/stand-alone contract, such as the ESPC ESA Toolkit.