EDUCATION TYPE: Live Webinar
This webinar will present an overview of prioritization and implementation of IT consolidation in data centers. IT consolidation plays an important role in reducing IT energy use as well as the energy use of infrastructure support systems, such as cooling. Additionally, the session will discuss drivers and best practices for IT consolidation in the Federal government including the latest developments in the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI). Representative(s) from National Laboratories will discuss their experience with IT consolidation.
Magnus Herrlin, member of the High Tech Group, LBNL Read Bio
Magnus Herrlin manages a portfolio of energy efficiency projects in data centers and leads the DCEP training program. In parallel with his LBNL work, Magnus is President of ANCIS Incorporated, which is a San Francisco based energy consultancy. Prior to ANCIS, Magnus served ten years as Principal Scientist with Bell Communications Research where he optimized energy and cooling efficiency of electronic equipment rooms. Magnus is a member of a number of organizations including the Green Grid, BICSI Data Center Standards Committee, and ASHRAE TC9.9. He holds a Ph.D. in Building Services Engineering and is a Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
In this course you will:
- Understand the nature of IT consolidation
- Understand the importance of IT consolidation
- Understand how IT consolidation impacts IT energy use
- Understand how IT consolidation impacts infrastructure support systems
- Understand how to perform IT consolidation
- Understand the best practices of IT consolidation
- Learn about drivers and best practices in the Federal government
- Learn about actual IT consolidation case study (ies).